10.18.2012

KCWC outtakes

This is what happens when you take a sweater and say "I can totally make this into a toddler sweater dress" without measuring anything. The neckline didn't look that big to me and somewhere in my brain I thought "Hey, this neck hole looks like it'd fit her" because she and I totally have the same size neck??! Yeah... I don't know. It was on an evening when I'd tackled a few projects already so it was probably 1 or 2am and I wanted to whip out one more thing fast. Fast as in not doing any prep. A snip here, a snip there, no snips at the neckline... and this is what I ended up with. I tried it on the kook the next day and burst out laughing. And that was the day I learned I can never eyeball a pattern. I definitely need something to trace or measure against. The kook thought it was funny too. I have plans to cut this ridiculous dress up to make a sweater jumper most likely. Maybe I'll try it at 9pm with correct measurements next time. Sheesh...


And here's a mid-KCWC jig for you to enjoy. 


1 comment:

Brigitte said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOh how I love when things don't turn out. NOT. But they are usually funny to look at later.

Link Within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin