11.13.2008

THRIFTY treasures

My sister is the greatest thrift store shopper of all time. I have never been able to compare. She's found depression glass, nice designer clothing, and I can't recall everything over the years. I'm usually too impatient when looking through things and have never found anything good enough to keep me interested in returning-- until last week. Decorating on a budget has me checking the great-priced antique stores and local thrift stores at least once a week. And I'm actually finding some things! It's pretty exciting. It's exciting to know that I found a deal and grabbed it before anyone else. Here's what I grabbed.


a large picture frame. I love the design on it... I don't know what is going to go in it, but I'll find something.

this teeny tiny ceramic leaf. It has a chip on one of the corners, but I'm not looking for perfection. I just love vintage ceramics and am starting a collection. This will fit in nicely. 

a blue lamp. In my mind, I wanted a ceramic lamp, but this one was $3 and the color will work perfectly in the guest room. It almost looks ceramic, but it's actually glass and they somehow painted the inside of the glass to be blue. Sneaky, huh?

another milk glass treasure. I saw this lamp right as I walked into thrift store #1 and I snatched it up. It was $13, but I think it was worth it. The base of the lamp lights up and the main light is having some stage fright issues, but I'll fix that- somehow. This will go in the living room somewhere. I have the antique store milk glass lamp, a white ceramic lamp from Linens 'n' Things, and then this lamp to fill the living room. I'm liking white lamps right now, is it obvious?

I also found a milk glass vase for $1 that I forgot to photograph. Let's see... it's a bud vase and it's milk glass. Can you picture it now? Someday it will end up on here.

So my conclusion is that thrifting is fun for the person who finds things! And this week, that person is me (and hopefully you)!

2 comments:

Sarah Ikegami said...

What beautiful thrift finds! I especially love your blue lamp...very cool! It seems like you are quite the thrift shopper, I wonder what would happen if you AND your sis went together....

Anonymous said...

These are so marvelous!

Link Within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin