10.26.2008

SHOW and TELL

Nothing has been done to pretty up our home yet (walls, floors, etc.), but I am still keeping my eyes peeled for pretty things to put inside. If you won't mind the brown carpet, fake wood paneling, and cracking walls in the background, I'll share some of my recent treasures with you. If all the brown gets to you, just pretend you have been zapped back to the 70's and you will think the house is really groovy...

Not the most fabulous photo, but here is a taste. David and I found this 1950's floor rocking chair (I'm sure there is a better name for it) at an antique store in Sebastopol. David was immediately drawn to it because it pretty much looks like a gaming chair. When we sat in it and found out it's super comfortable, we were sold. It is the same dusty pink as my sofa. I've never seen another like it and am excited to have it in our home. When you come visit, I'll let you test it out.



I found this floral painting at another Sebastopol antique store for $5. It fits in perfectly with our living room color scheme (which will be revealed at a later date) and I love it more and more each time I see it. Excuse the cat sitting in front of it. He gets in the way sometimes.



I have loved these kitchen squirrels for a long time. They sat on my grandma's kitchen counter for as long as I can remember and now have a new home with hubby and I. The one on the left is a cookie jar, hence the cookie, and the one on the right is a napkin holder. The cookie squirrel will get some nose love and will be ready to guard cookies once again. Such sweet little guys, don't you think?


I'll show and tell more as more comes along, and maybe someday I'll surprise you with a background color other than brown! I said maybe.

No comments:

Link Within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin